Community Supervision Officer (013118)
|Salary Range:||$35,484.00 per year ($16.9943 per hour)|
|Benefits:||Retirement, Vacation, Holidays, Health, Dental/Vision, Sick Time|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Under immediate to general supervision, performs moderately complex social casework in providing supervision and rehabilitative services to persons placed on supervision and enforces the terms and conditions imposed by the Judge of misdemeanor and felony community supervision according to laws and well defined rules and regulations. The officer has daily contact with the public and is responsible for the preparation of the following reports: 1) direct supervision, 2) violation reports, and 3) CJAD case classification and case management forms as required. The individual is responsible for understanding the law and the CJAD case classification/case management systems and procedures. The individual is responsible for counseling, rehabilitative training and programming for defendants and their families. The individual is also required to make appropriate referrals, placement in treatment (both inpatient and outpatient), distribution of collected funds, must administer and witness the drawing and testing of urine for presence of contraband substances etc., in the day to day supervision of cases assigned to the caseload. The officer is responsible for the decisions made related to the case or the defendant. Court testimony as to identification and specific details of the case as needed in court.
1. Performs investigative and supervisory casework, post sentence investigations and supervision of assigned defendants. Impose sanctions as required.
2. Counsels defendants, assesses risks and needs (by screening instruments), prepares individualized supervision plans, makes appropriate community resource referrals, maintains contact with outside agencies related to referrals.
3. Visits defendants at home, on the job, in treatment facilities or in jail as required by level of supervision or the immediate need.
4. Maintains current, accurate case records on all assigned defendants.
5. Works directly with the court or courts by keeping the appropriate court informed of supervision violations, preparing records, reports and documents for the court and testifying when requested.
6. Provide transportation to treatment facilities, intermediate sanction facilities or other care unit as required or directed by the Unit Supervisor.
7. Maintenance of payment records and securing payments as per court order, including decisions relating to distribution of collected funds.
8. Required to make day to day decisions related to casework, imposition of sanctions, defendantís needs and referrals and placement in treatment (both inpatient and outpatient), etc.
9. Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the Court, Supervisor, Director or Assistant Director.
General office equipment, private vehicle and various tools, both paper and automated screening devices, associated with criminal justice activities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Individual works mostly indoors and some outdoors. Indoor work is in a well lighted, air conditioned office. Officer works regular hours with some overtime. The job has no significant job hazards, except working in the proximity of some persons who could be considered dangerous and performing home and job visits. The physical demands of the job require lifting of light materials and equipment, generally not to exceed 40-50 pounds.
A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university that has been approved by the Community Justice Assistance Division. A valid driverís license and liability insurance coverage to at least meet state minimum standards is required. The officer must meet standards for bonding purposes. Sound moral character and even temperament is required. The officer should exhibit excellent skills in supervision, case management and office relations. Specialized caseload officer will have acquired or be working toward the LCDC licensure. Officers employed with the Department less than one year will not be eligible for transfer.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Yes / limited basis.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.