|Salary Range:||Starting salary $15.3793 per hour ($32,112 per year)|
|Benefits:||See Benefits Page|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Bell County Sheriff’s Department is accepting applications for Jailers. Starting pay $15.3793 per hour plus benefits of holiday pay, sick leave pay, retirement, and paid health/dental care insurance.|
|Duties:||No experience is required, but must have the ability to communicate effectively, handle stressful situations and work rotating days to include holidays and weekends. |
|Qualifications:||• Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED.|
• Criminal background check is required. Persons that have been convicted of an offense above the grade of Class “B” misdemeanor in the past ten years will not be considered for employment. Convictions of Class “A” or Felony cannot be considered.
• Applicants discharged from military service under less than honorable conditions will not be considered for employment.
• A background investigation will be required.
• An Interview will be required.
• Agility test will be given.
• A medical & drug test will be required.
• A psychological test will be required.
• Applicants are placed in an eligibility pool based on ranking of score by panel members.
NOTE: length of time for this process will vary due to differences with each applicant. Do not call to check on status. Once you are conditionally offered employment, you will be kept apprised of the process by the Bell County Sheriff’s Department Human Resource Office.
Questions can be directed to Sgt. T. Phelps at the Bell County Sheriff’s Department Human Resource Office, 111 W. Central Ave, Belton, Texas 76513/email Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Bell County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.