Welcome to Bell County Career Information
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Bell County posts new vacancy announcements when received. For current employment openings, please click on the Search Jobs tab above or here to Search For a Job online.
Your application will be sent to the appropriate department. Qualified applicants will be notified of a scheduled interview by the department. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. However, you may call the Human Resources Department to follow up on your application if you haven't been contacted.
Applications are maintained in active files for a period of six months after being submitted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Bell County is an Equal Employment Employer and complies with the American with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a position, please request assistance from the Human Resources Department.
FAMILY MEDICAL LEAVE (FMLA)
A family and/or medical leave of absence is available to eligible employees for up to twelve (12) weeks of unpaid leave in any 12-month period under certain circumstances that are related to the health of the employee or the employee's family. FMLA is based on a rolling 12-month period, measured backward, from the date the employee uses any FMLA leave. Comp time, sick leave, and vacation accruals will be exhausted with FMLA requests until it reaches an unpaid status.
Reasons to request leaves under FMLA are:
- The birth, adoption, or foster care placement of a child.
- A serious health condition that prevents the employee from doing the essential functions of his or her job.
- Caring for a child, spouse, or parent with a serious health condition.
Included in the FMLA regulations benefit entitlements January 2008 military family leave statute, passed as part of the National Defense Authorization Act.
- Qualifying Exigency Leave under which eligible employees may take up to 12 weeks of FMLA leave for reasons related to the call to active duty of covered service member spouses, children, or parents
- Military Caregiver Leave, which gives employees up to 26 weeks of leave in a single 12-month period to care for a seriously injured or ill covered service member.